Curated Collection: Davey Perkins Post-Human

Main Concept:

I would like to propose a commissioned piece by Davey Perkins. Please see his work here:

https://twitter.com/davey_perkins?s=20&t=JD63IDsaRL7lsI-Nzq3AgA

Many of you guys have seen the amazing Hacker derivative for TokyoLuv that Davey did. Hello World | Foundation
I know he has something amazing planned for everyone!

Mint Mechanics:
Mint time period: 7 days
1 mint / wallet
Snapshot taken before mint.
For Capsule Holders only, no public sale.

Mint price: .03eth + Gas (Minting on the CH website)

Sales/Secondary Breakdown (5% Royalties)

Artist: 25%

CH Team: 25% (IP/Dev)

CH Community Treasury: 50%

Value:

My goal with this is to do a few things:

• Bring life to the lore and world we are building. Provide our community with a quality/beautiful piece of art. Build our relationships with artists, and use our platform for more exposure for them and for ourselves. Grow the community treasury.

Current Status:

Just waiting for the go ahead. Davey has been made aware of the structure. Once this is approved, Davey and I will get to work on it.

Budget:
Commission price: 3 Eth (Directly to Davey)

Schedule:

If this is passed, the estimated time to complete is 3 weeks.

Funding milestones-
1.5 ETH to start to Davey. Remaining 1.5 ETH at successful completion of commission with acceptance from TheLastBaron.

Risk:

We will need 200 Holders to mint to make the initial investment back.

TheLastBaron will work with the artist to ensure quality/theme of art and agree on revisions.

Team:

Davey, Myself, and CH Dev team

8 Likes

I support this 100%. I love Davey and would die to own a piece of his work. If this were a free mint for holders, how would that impact community treasury? I’m thinking about Davey’s demand as an artist combined with it being a “free mint” (read: used from community treasury) if that could have a positive impact on Capsule Brand + Davey that a high profile artist developed CH brand art with treasury funds that was free for holders.

3 Likes

YESSSSS DAVEY!!!
I support this 100%

3 Likes

100% In !!! I approve totally :v:

1 Like

big fan of davey, this one is a no brainer

1 Like

Davey is like the final boss for me. Love what he does. Would love an animated character!
Awesome collaboration, great job.

@TheDrowsyArcher has a point. Mint price has been discussed many times. I’ll mint no matter what.
But it would be fair to include an option on the snapshot voting. Yes (free) vs Yes (0.03) vs No.

1 Like

@TheDrowsyArcher Im not sure i follow the difference between Pondering, Camila, Tokyo, Davey, Jim and some of the others, all of their work goes for 1-5 and more eth a piece. Most are 1/1 artists, their works are already in demand without doing a piece for our community… what’s in it for them to do an edition and dilute their work? Even our own artists Seer and Junni (this is not a knock) haven’t done free edition mints for us (yet) because of the artist’s viewpoint on dilution. Free will come from our artists and our projects, and our community event projects, not from other artists we are asking to do editions for us. These benefit us, and having the opportunity to have a piece by them. Sure they’ll get some exposure, but at the end of the day, they are willing to do it ONLY because of the respect and adoration of Seerlight and Junni, not because were the greatest community of all time.

Looks super cool! I support this 100%~

1 Like

Amazing art. Im always here for good art :wine_glass: :pinched_fingers:

1 Like

Hi guys, thank your for the feedback!
I already got a few ideas that would work perfect with the CH Universe, I can’t wait to start working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yuuuuge Davey Perkins fan. Count me in.

1 Like

Hey Baron, I think my post may have been misunderstood. I’ll edit it to make it clearer and ping you when done. If there are still questions, we can DM and see if I can modify my post to be even clearer. Thanks!

support this proposal

I’m assuming this passed but where do i see a metric to know?

Try here, Carl!

https://snapshot.org/#/yokaihouse.eth/proposal/0x793a16808475d4166e2cf3b33f1c09a5061188195c8134f015569a8ad2da11b3