Fund community events/engagement

Thoughts on using some of the community treasury to fund community led events and reward those who take initiative to create fun and engaging events for the community.

Want to host a regular community twitter spaces? Get rewarded in ETH for it.

Want to host regular movie nights? Get rewarded in ETH for it.

Want to host quiz nights? Get rewarded in ETH for it. Also use community treasury funds to pay for small rewards.

Are you an artist who wants to offer derivative commissions to the community? Get rewarded in ETH for it.

I think this will really help the community feel more engaged and incentive people to be active. This creates an overall more positive and fun community.

I am thinking we start off with a pool of 10 ETH. The Capsule Council can be in charge of approving requests from the community for ETH.

4 Likes

[quote=“grindin, post:1, topic:210”]
Capsule Council can be in charge of approving requests from the community for ETH.
[/quote] So happy we can set these events !!!

Love this idea, I recommend guidelines/structure that reward those who are actually providing effort and value to the community. AKA, low effort attempts/preparation should not be rewarded in an attempt to just grab ETH but there are individuals who will prep and hype that def deserve to be rewarded. I don’t have an example of the former, but TheLastBaron, Jshoe, and Kwyn are great examples of someone putting forth the work and effort that deserve rewards.

1 Like

Dig the proposal and definitely think we should reward the folks who spin up more community focused events. I wonder if it’s also worth proposing different incentive structures for folks who host once vs folks who do it on a recurring basis and see good engagement.

As long as it’s carefully considered, inclusive votes and multisig access - you have my vote :facepunch:t4: