Physical Capsule House Trading Cards

Create high quality, pokemon like trading cards. 10,000 booster packs. Every capsule house holder gets 1 booster pack per capsule.

10 Likes

I obviously think this is a great idea and would enlist my design services to create the Official Capsule House base set 1 collection and coordinate printing etc.
Each pack will have a different variety of ~7 cards. 1 Capsule gets 1 booster pack (as mentioned) - potential for very rare variants to be found

3 Likes

Yep, a great idea. Count me in - also happy to use my avatar :+1:t3:

1 Like

Ziggy and I have spoken of this in the past.
I believe this could be bigger than that. One that becomes a huge staple for CH. Hearthstone like animations. Holders get access to packs, that hold a random 10 cards, common, uncommon, rare, mythic, world (just like pokemon). You buy packs with Eth, similar to Pransky monthly box, all cards in the pack are then tradable, sellable etc. Also, in time, these cards are then made into physical packs that when you buy a NFT pack, you get a Physical pack as well. Now you have a full fledged passive income stream.

I like cards but I would not buy a booster pack without a way to get the full collection. Moreover no one would play with me physically I guess, since the game would not be widespread.
If every holder receive a pack and that’s it, no one can collect all the cards right?

I would buy:

• A full physical card game which can be used directly to play with family for example.
  • CH Digital Cards for a Tetra Master clone.

I like the idea of a game, but feel efforts spent there might be better spent on a virtual web3 game. Perhaps the physical cards could be more of a collectible item to help fund a game?

1 Like

I’ll have to agree with EliteChimp and DrowsyArcher here. I dont see myself buying trading cards if there is no one to trade and/or play with. I would also be a lot more inclined to buy complete card game or board game, or maybe even a capsule house themed monopoly set.

1 Like

All very interesting feedback! Good to get an insight in what the community would want from this.

1 Like

Love this idea. I think this could be the first step toward turning Capsule House into a Disney/Nintendo type entity.

Hearthstone and TopShot revenues are potential indicators of the potential of a card game Web3 ecosystem.

This is potentially transformative to the economics of holding the main Capsule House. If the game becomes a thing, the cards have much higher/better utility than just a token. Packs can be issued to main Capsule House holders on a seasonal basis, and the packs can change/evolve over “generations” just like Hearthstone/Pokemon/Magic.

There isn’t good data on Hearthstone, and it’s not necessarily a good comp because they don’t have a marketplace for cards, which is a huge detriment versus what Web3 can offer , but on mobile alone Sensor Tower estimates more than $700mm in revenue since 2014

3 Likes

Love this idea, and I think physicals would be a really interesting extension to the NFTs. I think there is an opportunity to think about this more - for the cards to not just be a airdrop-like or merch-like to the main collection, but something more like an extension. Have no idea what that looks like… but thinking out loud…

• what if something special happens if you own both the physical card and the NFT? would promote physical sales and trading of NFTs.
  • rather than a 1 time drop, is there a way for this to continually drive revenue back to the community vault?

Worried that a pure physical collectible directly conflicts with the NFT and similar to how secondary collections may spread liquidity too thinly

I also like some of the above ideas around CH themed card games

2 Likes

Would totally buy cards as a collection item, but would be cool to build a game for them, with all the items and characteristics it seems like there’s a lot of opportunity to come up with stats for capsules.

2 Likes

You would buy, lets not kid ourselves…

3 Likes

Seems we all like the Capsule Cards idea - just need to figure out the best way for them to exist. Worth extra thought :thinking:

2 Likes